1. Teaching related publications:
- Mui, A., S. Nelson, B. Huang, Y. He, and K. Wilson, 2015. Development of a Web-Enabled Learning Platform for Geospatial Labs: Improving the Undergraduate Learning Experience. Journal of Geography in Higher Education. DOI: 10.1080/03098265.2015.1039503.
- He, Y. 2012. Monitoring Climate Changes from Space: Vegetation Responses to Climatic Variation in Canada. Guest statement in Weather and Climate textbook is published by Oxford University Press Canada.
2. Teaching projects:
Developing an Effective Web-Based Platform for Large-scale Geospatial Learning
Supported by UTM Decanal GEF (2013-2014 and 2014-2015) and The Provost’s Instructional Technology Innovation Fund (2015-2016)
- This project aims to develop a web-based geospatial learning platform that will enhance the undergraduate learning environment for a large number of students by increasing opportunities to access virtual geospatial labs when physical labs are not available or difficult to access. This virtual lab platform can reach across tri-campuses and beyond, to practically any student with internet access and an interest in geospatial education. The benefits of this platform include an improvement in our teaching abilities, transfer of knowledge, better quality learning strategies, and skill acquisition for students.
- In order to bring greater expertise and knowledge in web-based learning environments to this project, we have partnered with the Information and Instructional Technology Services (I&ITS), the Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre (RGASC), and the Hazel McCallion Academic Learning Centre (HMALC). There is a long-established working relationship between Geography, I&ITS, RGASC, and HMALC, especially related to incorporating technology into the classroom.
- Project webpage: http://geog.utm.utoronto.ca/proj/platfrom/
3. Courses taught by Prof. Yuhong He at UofT:
- GGR 276 – Spatial Data Analysis and Mapping
- GGR 335 – GIS and Remote Sensing Integration
- GGR 337 – Environmental Remote Sensing
- GGR 372 – Geographical Analysis of Land Resources
- GGR 464 – Advanced Remote Sensing
- GGR399 - Undergraduate ROP Supervision
- GGR417 - Honours Thesis Supervision
- GGR 1200 – Introduction to Physical Geography (Graduate course)
- GGR 1912S – Advanced Remote Sensing (Graduate course)